Contrary to some beliefs there are always things to do with your dog in north Idaho! When I first moved here I had a hard time finding information on dog activities and so this website was born. All listings are absolutely free, I simply ask for a return link if you have a webpage. This is my way of serving the community and making life easier for all of us dog people!
- Walk your dog: Type your location in the search box to find places to walk in your area.
- Go to the Dog Park: Ponderay has a fenced dog park, or try Dog Beach in Sandpoint. There is a park in Stateline and hopefully one in Coeur d’Alene soon! Click on the link to see a list of dog parks in your area.
- Visit the shelter dogs: The quality of life for these dogs is greatly impacted by volunteers. Hover over the Want a dog? button and click on Rescues at the top of the page to find a Rescue in your area.
- Sheep herding: Have a herding breed? Have a mixed breed? It doesn’t matter, just about any dog can learn to herd. Contact Randy if your in the Sandpoint area (208) 263-4633 or Norm Close if your in the Coeur d’Alene area (208) 665-1670.
- Search and Rescue: Every dog that has a nose can participate in Search and Rescue. Check out the Dog Groups list in the right hand column to find a Search and Rescue group in your area.
- Obedience / Agility Classes: There isn’t a dog on the planet that wouldn’t benefit from a class. Classes these days have changed too – they include smiling, laughing, jokes, and aren’t just tight lipped dog trainers making you look stupid!
Special Dog Events in North Idaho
- Look to the right to see a list of all of the upcoming dog activities going on in North Idaho.
- Google Calendar makes it possible for you to save these events to your own calendar too! Click on the icon to save the dog events to your calendar.
North Idaho Dog Fun has sprouted out of a desire to help dog people in North Idaho get connected. I moved here in 2008 with my husband and border collie and am still hearing about dog things that go on that I had no idea about! This is my solution to helping everyone who is interested in dog events, ways to get involved with their dogs, and staying informed.
Please browse through and leave comments. There is information on trails/hikes, herding, pulling, training, etc. so feel free to use the search option. This is designed to be a communal site for dog lovers. If you would like to contact me about being listed my email is email@example.com.
Here’s a video I hope you’ll enjoy!